Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Artisan Rigger, to be based at Dishaba Mine near Thabazimbi, Limpopo. The successful candidate will report to the Foreman Engineering.
- 5 Years mining industry experience (underground, surface and plant)
- 5 Years trade experience as a Rigger/Ropes man
- Construction experience -Box fronts, Bulk heads and Tips
- Ore pass rehabilitation experience.
- Competent, motivated, disciplined and positive team
- Effective self and team supervision in alignment with MRC values and leadership initiatives
- Effective stakeholder engagements
- Cost containment
- Engineering equipment is repaired according to agreed standard, specifications and schedules
- Compliance with SHEQ, MRC and client standards, policies, procedures and safety protocols
- Engineering installations are constructed according to agreed standards, procedures and specifications
- Engineering equipment is maintained according to agreed standards, procedures and schedules
- Grade 12 or NQF 4 equivalent
- Section 26 Rigger/Ropes man Trade Certificate/MIETTB (Mining Industry Engineering Trades Training Board) Trade Certificate through a registered body, eg: (i) Olifantsfontein, pre 1994; (ii) ESTC (Engineering Skills Training Centre) James Park; (iii) GFA (Goldfields Training Academy)
- Valid First Aid certificate
- Valid Code EB Driver’s licence
- Good communication skill in English
- Blasting and Onsetters ticket will be added advantage.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- Murray & Roberts reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.