Imperial is an African and European-focused provider of integrated market access and logistics solutions. With a focus on five key industries -healthcare, consumer, automotive, chemicals and industrial – we take our clients’ products to some of the fastest growing and most challenging markets in the world.
Ranked among the top 30 global logistics providers and listed on the JSE in South Africa, we seek out and leverage new technology to deliver innovative, end-to-end solutions.
Through our significant African footprint and international expertise, and with the support of our 25 000 people, Imperial’s purpose is to connect Africa and the world – and to improve people’s lives with access to quality products and services.
IMPERIAL Road Freight Dedicated Contract requires a SHERQ Officer: Dangerous Goods to effectively and efficiently assist the SHERQ Executive to implement, maintain, review and continually improve the Safety, Health, Environmental, Risk and Quality Management system, strategies, procedures and policies, whilst ensuring compliance with the applicable minimum Dangerous Goods legal and other requirements within the Division and the client.
Key Performance Areas:
- Administers and enforces the Dangerous Goods regulations and client DG requirements on site.
- Assist in ensuring compliance to Hazchem Regulations for transportation of Dangerous Goods in the business.
- Collects and analyses dangerous goods incident information and helps develop preventative measures.
- Manage vehicle tracking and driver behavior statistics for the Client and SHERQ Executive
- Undertake hazard identification and risk assessment for all operational activities.
- Convene SHERQ and DG related meetings and audits
- Assist with compiling data for the SHERQ Department to assist with reporting, trends and statistics.
- Management of Injury on Duty including communication to internal and external stakeholders.
- Report, investigate and implement appropriate corrective measures for all incidents.
- Provide in house training for managers and employees on SHERQ and DG risks including ongoing new employee and contractor induction.
- Conduct Internal SHERQ audits within the various departments, sites and contractors.
- Plan preventative and remedial methods to promote healthy and safe working environment
- Ability to prioritise effectively and display sound judgement.
- Results orientated with good organising, sound feedback and follow-up skills
- Individual with high energy levels, enthusiastic, courteous with sound and good inter-personal and written communication skills that has a positive attitude, who will be able to use own initiative as well as the ability proactive assist with planning, problem-solving, and organizing.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Dangerous Goods (Hazchem) Training
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in HSSE and DG environment is preferred with a working knowledge of the Transportation industry
- Candidate with previous experience in OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, RTMS, SQAS, and ISO 9001 protocols is advantageous.
- National Diploma in Safety Management or equivalent qualification is advantageous.
- License Code 8
Skills and Experience Required:
- Demonstrated ability to write, clear, concise and logical papers and reports.
- Excellent level of computer literacy on complete Microsoft Office (competency test will be undertaken);
- Good knowledge and understanding of the OHS Act 85 of 1993 and related applicable legislation and SANS Standards
- HIRA (Hazardous identification and Risk Assessment)
- NB: Appointment is subject to passing relevant proficiency tests, should it be required.
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting and as such preference will be given to candidates who fall within our equity targets. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.