The BANKSETA is a statutory body established through the Skills Development Act of 1998 to enable its stakeholders to advance the national and global position of the banking and micro-finance industry. As guided by its mandate the BANKSETA is as such an agent of transformation by promoting employment equity and broad-based black economic empowerment through skills development.
Reference Number: BS01/01/2021SCM6M
Job Title: Specialist: Supply Chain Management
Reporting Line: Manager: Supply Chain Management
Full-time/Part-time/Contract: 6 month contract
Location: Gauteng – Centurion (Head Office)
Remuneration: R 42 275 – R 51 015 CTC per month.
The purpose of the role:
To provide internal support service through the effective and efficient procurement process in line with the applicable SCM Legislation for public entities and drive compliance within the organisation
- To undertake SCM transactions (tenders, requests for quotations, deviations, transversal contract arrangements) in line with BANKSETA SCM processes and legislations that governs the SCM processes within public entities.
- To report timeously on such SCM transactions processed.
- To provide SCM advice and recommendations to line management on tender and quotation processes which includes preparations of specifications/ terms of reference, bid documents, briefings session, bid evaluation/ adjudication, contract management, process amongst others.
- To liaise and provide information to internal and external auditors in regard to audits of the procurement transaction undertaken.
- To provide input to SCM reports as required by National Treasury, DHET, DTI, etc.
- To ensure that contracts are effectively drawn up, vetted, signed and controlled before the commencement of the project.
- To undertake market research and planning activities to support procurement exercises
- Analytical thinking.
- Writing and reporting.
- Planning and organising.
- Results and quality focus.
- Interactive communication.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Knowledge of PFMA, PPPFA, BBBEE, National Treasury Guidelines and Prescripts and all other legislation governing SCM in the public entities.
- Knowledge of Demand and Acquisition.
- Computer literate.
- 1-year post matric qualification in Supply Chain Management / Logistics or Purchasing related qualification;
- 1 years’ SCM experience within a public sector;
- Proven experience of processing RFQs and tenders.