Sappi Southern Africa
Artisan Assistant – April 2021 ( P14 )
Sappi Ngodwana Mill requires an Artisan Assistant to safely perform less complex maintenance tasks and to assist Artisans with complex maintenance tasks, thereby contributing to the overall equipment effectiveness
This role reports into the Maintenance Support.
The main responsibilities of this job are:
- Preform maintenance, repair and overhauling of equipment concerning Air-con, Electrical, Mechanical, and Instrumentation workshop services
- Obtain Licence as “Authorized work man” as per Sappi Lock out Procedure and assist production personnel with isolation process where required
- Comply with legislation – Safe handling of refrigerant and disposal of fluorescent tubes. Identifying, sorting and disposal of waste in correct waste streams.
- Correct selection and use of tools for the job and maintenance there off
- Obtain Licences for various mobile equipment as found on Ngodwana Mill site
- Assist Artisans with breakdowns and opportunity maintenance and perform tasks as per competency level
- Move and transport of equipment in workplace
- Ensure a safe working environment with the development of safety and housekeeping strategies
- Ensure that the Section complies in all respects with the relevant statutory requirements
The ideal candidate should have:
- Relevant NQF 4 Qualification with Math’s and Science
- Valid driving license
- No Experience Required
Closing Date: 28 April 2021
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.