PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To manage the production and maintenance processes and to continuously improve current practices, methods, equipment and processes in a safe manner, in order to exceed current production targets and reduce costs to the Company at the CRP.
SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY
- Identify and assess level of issue based risk exposures in area of responsibility by considering exposures to business, financial, legal issues, people, equipment, material, environment, processes, etc.
- Consider the level of risk, apply mitigation and implement control measures for residual risk (set objectives, minimum requirements, etc.).
- Manage SHEQ compliance within the Process through effective use of the Toolbox.
- Utilise the Information Management System (IMS) to initiate, investigate and report SHEQ status.
- Lead by example
- Set and manage targets and objectives
- Manage sub-ordinates
- Coaching of employees
- Ensure Customer Satisfaction.
- Liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Liaison with Dikwena personnel.
- Control production & scheduling of production and shutdown work according to the defined production requirements.
- Ensure IMS is managed.
- Ensure SOP’s are updated and relevant.
- Balance MES + SAP for production every week.
- Define equipment criticality using a risk matrix.
- Manage the overall maintenance strategy for the plant.
Solve problems and implement solutions:
- Ensure that outcomes of RCA’s are evaluated for their business case, implemented as applicable and are sustainable.
- Select equipment vendors as per maintenance standards.
- Perform planned job observations.
- Document and review the plant maintenance strategy on an annual basis to ensure that it is aligned with the business plan.
- Ensure strict adherence to maintenance work management principles (percent planned work, adherence to schedule, number of breakdowns, number of proactive requests) to obtain maximum plant availability at minimum maintenance cost per unit produced.
- Manage the Engineering Assets to ensure that they produce at their designed capacity and are periodically refurbished to their original condition to ensure optimal life.
- Ensure strict adherence to the relevant engineering standards and specifications.
- Periodically audit the asset and documentation to obtain maximum standardisation of spares and new plant installations on the site.
- Interrogate non-published reports standard.
- Investigate & communicate Commercial Exceptions.
- Follow up warranty claims on component failures on high criticality equipment.
- Approve the use of contractor Artisans.
- Manage Continuous Improvement through Operational Excellence and saving initiatives.
- Safety Leadership
- Planning, Organising & Control
- Results Orientation
- Problem Solving & Decision Making
- Relating & Networking
- Change Leadership
- Business Acumen
- Working independently
- Taking initiative
- Lead people
- SAP (will be advantageous)
- Degree or National Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- 4 years’ relevant experience of which 2 are at a management level.
- 08 April 2021