Applications are invited for the above mentioned position to be based in Secondary Production, Springs . This person will report to the Shift Team Leader and indirectly to the Unit Manager .
Key Performance Areas would include, but are not limited to:
- Operates, attends, start and stop power driven machines particular to the industry Example: tray packer, labeller, seamer, filler, capping machine, six packer, etc.
- Scrutinizes or checks the work done by machine.
- Makes running adjustments to the machine.
- Monitor quality performance of equipment and processes.
- Ensure settings done according to SOP’s and or product specifications.
- Complete Process control documentation during production.
- Record downtime events, duration and reasons.
- Assist in minimizing unplanned downtime on machines and equipment.
- Optimize all machines and equipment OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency).
- Assist in the executing of first line maintenance.
- Minimise waste.
- Clean, inspect and lubricate equipment.
- Assist in change overs (if applicable).
- Adhere to safe working procedures, practices and safety regulations.
- Actively involved in Mini business activities and Problem solving methodology.
The successful candidate must have the following experience/skills:
- Minimum of a Matric / Grade 12
- NQF Level 3 Packaging operations certificate.
- 1-2 year experience in operating machinery within the bottling industry.
- Mechanical and or electrical aptitude
- Ability to initiate action spontaneously without being urged on to do so.
- Willingness to work shifts, including night shift.
- To reflect good leadership behaviour towards colleagues, superior and company values.
Note: Applicants will undergo technical assessments .
If interested and meet all requirements, please register and apply via the Distell career portal by logging onto www.distell.co.za and following: Home > Careers.
Reference number: 17786 Closing date: 13 April 2021
Job Segment: Electrical, Engineering