Company: Joburg Market
Job Title: General Workers
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng
Closing Date: 26 March 2021
EPWP Opportunity for Residents of Region F
Job Purpose: The purpose of this job is to provide a clean and ground pollution free environment, including ensuring a comprehensive food waste and spillage control on a frequent basis in the compactor area and surrounds.
Salary: R4000.00 per month
- Empty and wash rocker bins using correct cleaning material (chemicals, tools etc)
- Ensure that the cleanliness of the compactor area is compliant with health and safety standards at all times, spillages are cleared around bins, destroyed produce is not removed from the bins as it has been deemed not safe for human consumption.
- Keep tarred surface neat and tidy at all times by sweeping, litter picking, scrubbing with correct chemicals, bins are located within reach for waste disposal and collection by waste collection trucks, area is kept hygienic and free from spillage at all times.
- Monitor that market agents keep their sections clean and drop produce into bins as instructed.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Grade 10
- Certificate of competence in environment management or hygiene services will be added advantaged
- Physical strength to carry and lift heavy rocker bins and machinery
- Must successfully complete the pre-employment safety screening
- Willingness to work 24 hours shift
How to apply
Application with certified copy of an ID and proof of residence must be HAND DELIVERED at;
Joburg Market Offices: 4 Fortune Road, City Deep, Johannesburg
on weekdays between 08H00 and 16H00
No applications via e-mails will be accepted
N.B. Applicants from Indian, Coloured and White population groups are encouraged to apply.