Company: Starke Ayres
Job Title: Picker Packer
Location: Kempton Park, Gauteng
Closing Date: 31 March 2021
The following employment opportunity is available for our Factory in our Operations Department based in Kempton Park. The purpose of this role is to ensure that seed received at the Workstation is cleaned and / or packed down in line with company policies and procedures and that cleaned and packed seed is presented for final packing and / or check weighing.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete relevant areas on Job Card before each seed lot is processed / packed down.
- Receive seed lots for processing, packing and / or check weighing at the relevant workstations.
- Check / verify quantities, kinds, varieties and lot numbers of seed received for processing, packing and / or weighing against the information contained on the relevant job card.
- Place processed / treated seed into applicable packaging according to prescribed procedures by hand or by means of operating the relevant equipment.
- Accurately weigh / check-weigh containers according to prescribed procedures.
- Close and label containers of processed / treated seed according to prescribed procedures.
- Stack / pack containers with processed / treated seed according to prescribed procedures.
- Assist with the sealing (when applicable) of processed / treated seed lots according to prescribed procedures, once quality results are known.
- Complete relevant fields on the Job Card / Checklists before each seed lot is cleaned, treated / or packed down.
- Ensure that seed is picked, cleaned, treated and / or packed down according to prescribed norms and standards.
The successful candidates must have a
- Matric with
- 2 years’ relevant experience and
- Willing to work extended/ flexible hours when required.