Imperial is an African and European-focused provider of integrated market access and logistics solutions. With a focus on five key industries -healthcare, consumer, automotive, chemicals and industrial – we take our clients’ products to some of the fastest growing and most challenging markets in the world.
Ranked among the top 30 global logistics providers and listed on the JSE in South Africa, we seek out and leverage new technology to deliver innovative, end-to-end solutions.
Through our significant African footprint and international expertise, and with the support of our 25 000 people, Imperial’s purpose is to connect Africa and the world – and to improve people’s lives with access to quality products and services.
To ensure consistent sales growth and achievement of sales goals and targets in assigned territory by identifying opportunities and gaining new business while maintaining existing business for Imperial.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Achievement of sales, market share and growth objectives for the territory under their management through execution of agreed strategies and the Imperial sales plan.
- Promoting Imperial managed products to dispensing doctors, pharmacists, and other relevant healthcare professionals.
- Developing an in-depth understanding of company medications and promoting these in a convincing manner to key customers
- Building and maintaining good business relationships with customers to encourage repeat purchases and recommendations
- Following up on leads generated by the company or any requests received from customers in territory
- Preparing presentations for customers to highlight the advantages of Imperial managed products
- Researching competitor’s products and their respective market performances and preparing a territory sales strategy to compete, defend and gain market share
- Keeping abreast of new developments in the medical field to determine the effect of such developments on the company’s business strategies
Qualifications & Experience Required:
- Education: A tertiary qualification in Life Sciences is required
- Languages: Pro ficiency in Business English (written & spoken)
- Experience: Ideally 2 years sales experience – a background in Healthcare Sales is an advantage
- Entry with an undergraduate degree is possible as training is provided
- Strong performance & sales track record from a previous sales position if not pharmaceutical
- Only candidates resident in South Africa will be considered for these roles
Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to engage, collaborate and influence at all organizational and management levels
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Commercial thinking
- Self-confident, self-managed and results driven.
- Adapting and responding to change
- Persuading and influencing
- Coping with pressures and setbacks
We are committed to Employment Equity when recruiting and as such preference will be given to candidates who fall within our equity targets. Should you not have received a response within 4 weeks of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Sales Business Development
Logistics and Supply Chain