Artisan: Mobile (Diesel Mechanic)
- Be part of a group that is safety driven and values inclusion
- Access to industry-leading technical development programmes
- Join a leading global company
- Permanent employment which includes a huge range of additional benefits
- Location: Richards Bay
About the role
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
We are looking for an Artisan: Mobile (Diesel Mechanic) to perform preventative maintenance on Mobile Equipment
We are an open, connected international team of technical specialists using some of the most exciting data and tools on the planet. We are the world leader in automation and smart mining. We have technical development programmes that are industry-leading and recognise the unique nature of your role. These provide opportunities to grow your career through a dedicated technical path while being rewarded for your unique skills
Reporting to the Controller: Maintenance and working in a challenging and exciting environment within the Mobile Equipment Workshop, you will be:
- Inspect, repair and maintain assets to minimize adverse impact on production.
- Oversee, assist and support maintenance jobs of all Servicepersons.
- Perform condition monitoring, fault finding and problem solving.
- Perform fair and reasonable tasks related to the job and working environment, at the discretion of the Maintenance Controller / Supervisor.
- Liaise with Maintenance Controller / Supervisor to identify maintenance and service needs.
- Technical evaluation of equipment and projects.
- Record job statistics including non-hours, duration, failure mode, failure root cause, parts used, important observations etc. on the specified documentation, with utmost tidiness, care and accuracy.
- Accept “technical ownership” of breakdown situations and to manage all aspects corrective work up to the point of resolution or escalation.
- Perform Stand-by duties and Overtime as required.
What you’ll bring
- A commitment to the safety of yourself and your team (standard for all job adverts)
- Matric (with Maths and Science) / N3
- Trade Test: Diesel Mechanic
- Code EB license
- 2 – 5 years practical work experience within a Heavy industry environment
- Basic exposure to maintenance of general plant equipment
What we offer
- A safety-focused and inclusive working environment
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience
- Annual cash incentive awards (STIP) for eligible employees
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambitions
- Access top tier family-friendly health and medical programs, pension and savings plans
- Wellbeing benefits
- Generous Rio Tinto employee share program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ongoing individual wellbeing support for you and your family for personal and professional matter
- A comprehensive leave policy that covers all moments that matter in life (vacation/annual, paid parental, etc)
About Rio Tinto
Every idea, every innovation, every little thing the world calls ‘progress’ begins with a first step, and someone willing to take it: explorers, inventors, entrepreneurs. Pioneers.
For nearly 150 years, Rio Tinto has been a company of pioneers – generations of people spanning the globe, all with the grit and vision to produce materials essential to human progress.
Our iron ore has shaped skylines from Shanghai to Sydney. Our aluminium – the world’s first to be certified “responsible” – helps planes fly and makes cars lighter. Our copper helps wind turbines power cities and our boron helps feed the world, and explore the universe. Our diamonds help us celebrate the best parts of life.
Where you’ll be working
Certified as a Top Employer for 4 consecutive years, located in the Kwa-Zulu Natal province, Richards Bay Minerals (RBM) is part of the Rio Tinto Group and is an internationally recognised sand mining and mineral processing operations leader and one of the world’s foremost producers of titanium minerals, high purity pig iron and zircon. We have implemented a sound corporate social development programme and an internationally recognised environmental rehabilitation programme to restore the mined dunes to their natural state once mining operations have ceased.
Every Voice Matters
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our success. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation or anything else that makes us different.
RBM is an equal opportunity employer and preference will be given to candidates from the designated groups in line with the company’s employment equity plan.