- Ensure compliance of CBU financial statements with Group rules for Management Accounts and IFRS rules for Statutory Accounts.
- Co-ordinate CBS and CBU to deliver an accurate and timely monthly closing process, including validation of all closing options and on time reporting in full.
- Lead the Financial Accounting team, developing strong competencies to ensure excellence in execution and service level.
- Act as Key Account contact for the CBUs and support them in the forecasting process and financial reporting
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- CBU closing options e.g. balance sheet risks and opportunities, accruals and provisions, etc.
- Review and on time approval / validation of all CBU monthly reporting 9AR1, AR2 and AR3) and bi-annual consolidation packages. Ensure these are reviewed and validated by the CBS Head of Finance and CBU FD.
- Prepare the statutory financial statements on time for local / legal requirements (SARS, banks etc.)
- Integrity checks of interfaces fuelling accounting systems, follow-up and resolution of issues.
- Perform local IFRS / GAAP watch and ensure correct application of Group accounting principles and statutory regulations. Prepare technical reports and researches technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Support the CBUs in the forecasting process, e.g. valuation of assets (acquisitions, disposals, impairment, leases).
- Develop close working relationships with the CBU Managers, especially the FP&A Managers.
- Contribute to lead finance projects as appropriate.
- Guarantee an effective Internal Control system over CBS activities and in the accounting and closing process.
- Ensure monthly schedules and GL reconciliations are performed for all Balance Sheet accounts and reviewed for information accuracy and to support the audit process.
- Reconciling items must be timeously cleared and action points must be closed.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Be the point of contact for the WBS consolidation team.
- Be a point of contact for Internal Audit / Internal Control.
- Develop and maintain relationships with external auditors, lawyers and consultants. Support the external audit by providing all required information and adequately addressing the auditor’s management letter concerns.
- Plan, animate and monitor all financial reporting activities.
- Ensure the application of reporting instructions circulated by the WBS consolidation team.
- Ensure all financial information reported is strictly in line with the accounting records and are submitted on a timely basis (e.g. management accounts, bi-annual consolidation packages).
- Ensure the management accounts of the CBUs are fully compliant with the Group reporting rules.
- Ensure the statutory financial statements of all CBUs are fully compliant with local IFRS / GAAP.
- Review reporting process KPIs and implement action plans to improve the efficiency of the reporting process and maximise the performance of services performed.
- Calculation of accurate WKIs.
Coaching, training and development
- Maximise expert finance staff and teams through good recruitment, selection and employee orientation.
- Maintain strong staff performance through supervision, follow-up, mentoring, training, motivation and guidance.
- Coach and develop the Financial Accounting team, setting objectives and appraising performance, and identifying personal development opportunities.
- Maximising performance of services provided to the business by measuring of team outputs against timelines committed, pre-defined service levels and requirements.
Sound like quite the challenge, right? To be able to achieve the above and be successful in this role we believe you need to have:
ACADEMIC & TRADE QUALIFICATIONS:
- CA (SA) with 3-5 years post articles experience
- Big 4 articles an advantage
- Team management experience will be advantageous
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Strong IT literacy with good MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power point skills and a solid understanding of accounting software principles and user administration skills.
- Sound SAP knowledge an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles, controls and procedures.
- Sound judgment, demonstrating logical decision making capabilities.
- Experience with general ledger and sub ledger functions and month-end / year end closing procedures.
- Experience with preparing and reviewing management accounts and statutory financial statements.
- Strong exposure to Costing / Pricing, Budgeting / Forecasting.
- Strong commercial acumen.
PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS & BEHAVIOURAL TRAITS:
- Proven team player with leadership skills including the ability to coach and energise others.
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to support, advise and influence Directors and Managers from different parts of the business whilst providing strong financial and internal control where necessary.
- Critical thinking and good analytical skills.
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills to large audiences.
A job which could easily turn in to a career in Danone. We believe everyone is born with superpowers, something which comes natural to you. We know this uniqueness is something which brings both excellence as well as energy, so we believe in all Danoner’s potential and when we build careers based on these superpowers and when we develop everyone’s potential to the fullest magic happens. This is how we like to see Talent Management in Danone.
For more information about Danone, our culture, please explore careers.danone.com.
Hit the apply button, but please do so before 26 January 2021.