Murray & Roberts Cementation invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for the position of Miner General. The successful candidate will report directly to the Shift Supervisor Mining. The company will provide remuneration and benefits relevant and appropriate to the position. Preference will be given to Historically Disadvantaged South African (HDSA) candidates. Applications only open to South African Citizens / Permanent Residents.
- 1 years’ experience as a Learner Miner
- Must have been trained and found competent for the type of mining he/she is requested to do development and stoping.
- Resourceful problem solver who can work within agreed parameters
- Safe, incident free achievements of production targets
- Prioritisation of safety issues
- Competent, motivated and positive team player
- Cost containment
- Effective teamwork and knowledge sharing
- Effective self-management and alignment with M&RC Values and Leadership initiatives
- Grade 12 or NQF level 4 equivalent
- Blasting Certificate
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Team Management Skills
- Organisational Skills
- Good communication skills in English
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- Murray & Roberts reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.
- If you do not receive any feedback on your application within 4 weeks from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.