Position: Engineering Assistant (Millwright Assistant)
Location: Tshipi é Ntle Manganese Mining, Kathu, Northern Cape
|PUBLISHED DATE||17 October 2020|
|CLOSING DATE||28 October 2020|
|POSITION DESCRIPTION||Engineering Assistant (Millwright Assistant)|
|PURPOSE OF THE JOB||To take responsibility for the upkeep, lubrication and servicing of allotted plant and equipment. To fully assist and support the Artisan in his/her daily maintenance and repair tasks. To clean, maintain and store tools and equipment in the prescribed fashion. To ensure good order, safety and housekeeping of work areas.|
|KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS||· Service and maintain equipment according to prescribed procedures and standards.|
· Ensure the correct parts, tools and equipment are available as and when required.
· Perform regular inspections and monitoring to ensure plant, equipment and other are performing to required standard.
· Productively assist the Artisan in his/her duties.
· Identify maintenance issues and report to Artisan.
· Perform all and any maintenance and production related tasks as requested.
· Perform related administrative duties timeously to required standard.
· Demonstrate an understanding of cost, productivity, efficiency, and other business principles in performing duties.
· Report unsafe work conditions and behaviour as well as incidents and accidents.
· Conduct risk assessments and pre work inspections.
· Adhere to SOP’s, works instructions, policies and procedures
· Ensure adherence to all relevant legislation e.g. MHSA etc.
|MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED||· Matric (Grade 12)|
· Technical training would be advantageous
· Drivers licence
|MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED||· 2 years related experience in electrical and mechanical engineering as artisan aid or similar.|
· Related knowledge and training in an artisan field will be advantageous.
· Willing to work shifts.
|ATTRIBUTES||· Good Communication (Verbal)|
· Problem solving
· Good time-management skills
· Coordination (psycho-motoric coordination, quick reaction speed)
|COMPETENCIES||· Team work|
· Result orientation
· Commitment to career
· Willingness to learn and assist team members
Applicants who meet the key requirements of the job must apply via the website: Tshipi Website Careers Page by 28 October 2020.
Please note, if you are not contacted within 4 weeks of applying, you may consider your application unsuccessful.