Location: Hotazel, Northern Cape, ZA, 8490
Company: South32 Group Operations Pty. Ltd.
- The purpose of the role is to be responsible for timely installation, repair and maintenance of equipment to ensure that mining activities are executed in a safe manner as well as operate equipment and tests all working parts in functional area to ensure proper utilization.
- Serious contenders will have a Grade 12 with Mathematics & Science or N2 Technical Certificate with a relevant Mechanic Trade Test and a minimum of 2 years’ technical experience on Underground Mining Equipment (CAT R1600/R1700 Loaders, CAT AD30 Trucks)
- Valid Code 08 Driver’s license is essential;
- Experience in performing major rebuilds and or components rebuild will be an added advantage.
- SAP & CAT ET, SIS software knowledge will be advantageous.
- Interprets and coordinates pre-work with regards to repairs, interpretation of hydraulic diagrams, planned and predictive maintenance;
- Accesses any area safely to perform necessary maintenance on machines or equipment;
- Performs safety inspections of equipment and assesses risks on equipment;
- Maintains a clean and safe worksite;
- Ensures the upkeep of maintenance tools and equipment;
- Coordinates activities associated with trouble-shooting and repairing maintenance equipment.
Please apply online by entering the preferred position reference nr at our website http://careers.south32.net
(Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups)
Applications close 11 September 2020 at 17H00.
South32 has an overriding commitment to safety and environmental responsibility.