We currently have an exciting opportunity to join the team as a Kitchen Porter/Cleaner at The Lanzerac Manor (Kitchen)
As a Kitchen Porter/Cleaner you will be expected to support the Head Chef in ensuring the standards of cleanliness in the working areas are maintained and comply with Company and legal standards.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will work well under pressure with an accurate and consistent approach to customer service and restaurant equipment. Experience working in a similar position would be advantageous however, not essential.
Direct experience with hotel businesses is not required, though some knowledge of the industry would be beneficial, as would experience working with restaurants, bars..
Duties will include:
1. Assist with ensuring the efficient and effective running of the kitchen.
2. Ensure that sufficient material for the performance of cleaning duties are collated.
3. Dispose of rubbish into an area outline by Head Chef whilst complying with food safety policy.
4. Ensure the working areas and equipment in the kitchen are cleaned to a high standard.
5. Aid the Chefs when necessary.
At Lanzerac Manor, our people are our biggest asset. We focus on their engagement and individual development, working with their natural strengths and supporting their education from a commercial perspective. Pathways are created so our people know the direction their careers will head. Great hospitality can only be delivered by a happy engaged team, so this is at the heart of our culture.
As such, we are able to offer a competitive salary, ample scope for further training and personal development, as well as discounted hotel stays for you, your family and friends.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: R3,700.00 per month