Inclusive, supportive and innovative – come and be part of our brilliant future at Venetia! South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine is currently being developed underground. This opportunity allows you to be part of one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country.
As an Artisan – Boilermaker, you will be responsible for maintaining and assisting in the operation of equipment and systems according to sound engineering practice and equipment specifications.
Our dedication to quality and high performance extends to our workforce, so we seek talented, ambitious people who will thrive in an environment which fosters individuality, inclusivity and creativity. If you like the idea of challenging and stimulating work in a diverse team, we’d like to hear from you.
Your role will include:
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade-related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to the maintenance requirements.
- Attend to defects raised on pre-start reports, breakdown sheets and over-inspection reports.
- Perform equipment over-inspection on work done by apprentices and operators where appropriate and provide feedback and guidance as required.
- Provide relevant feedback to the Supervisor and co-workers regarding equipment performance and conditions.
- Carry out scheduled and non-scheduled repairs and installation work as required.
- Discuss work backlog and future work requirements with the Supervisor and plan corrective measures to rectify, e.g. re-scheduling, prioritising, labour assistance, etc.
- Identify spares requirements and order according to departmental procedure.
- Adherence to policies and procedures.
- Perform inspections in accordance with the Mine Health & Safety Act regulations, manufacturing and company standards to report all defects and breakdowns on equipment and machinery to the Supervisor.
- Planning of activities in accordance with production schedules and allocation of resources as required.
- Effective communication to relevant stakeholder to minimize production delays.
- Maintenance and repairs of all mechanical equipment in and around the plant.
- Grade 12 / Std 10 / relevant National NQF4 level qualification, with Mathematics and Physical Science
- Relevant Trade Certificate (Boilermaker)
- Code EB/Code 8 Driver’s License
- Computer literacy – MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/ Outlook)
- Medical Certificate of Fitness to work underground
- The post is dependent on the successful completion of the Company’s pre-employment protocol such as qualifications verification, relevant psychometric assessments and a clear security clearance
Role Specific knowledge and experience:
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years previous experience as a boilermaker in the mining environment supporting.
- Mining equipment experience essential
- Underground experience will be advantageous
- Be prepared to work shifts, do standby duties, call-outs, and work overtime
De Beers Group Managed Operations Business integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to Apply
- For all internal applicants,you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV.
This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department, failure to do so would render your application invalid.
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
- Submit applications on or before the closing date to:
CLOSING DATE: 19 August 2020