Protect a National Treasure
Come and be part of our brilliant future at Venetia, South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine. We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities, protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who spark fresh thinking and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
Your role as a Security Process Expert is to lead the implementation and execution of tactical security control measures, methods and techniques to minimize opportunity for theft and immediate intervention in the event of a high risk incident.
You are also required to:
- Adhere to the safety, security and environmental procedures
- Implement the sectional security plan
- Physically monitor diamond recovery processes in the plants
- Monitor adherence to the diamond process operating procedures and responses
- Conduct physical surveillance
- Investigate incidents/ deviations that could potentially lead to diamond loss
- Conduct root-cause analysis on incidents within the Diamond Recovery Processes
- Ensuring operational security effectiveness to mitigate security risks
- Support continuous improvement of security according to the Diamond Control Maturity Model (DCMM)
- Identification of operational risks and breaches of procedures
- Grade 12/ Std 10/ N3 or relevant NQF level 4 qualification
- Higher Certificate in Security Management / Risk Management or equivalent (NQF 5)
- PSIRA registered with minimum grade A/B
- Valid Code 08/EB Driver’s License
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness certificate) on mine.Physically fit to be able to walk up and down plants stairs as required
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification, undergo various clearance requirements as well as psychometric assessments including a Polygraph
Knowledge & Experience required:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the security environment and/or Engineering, Mining or Ore-Processing
- Knowledge and understanding of high risk diamond and surveillance processes
- Crime information management and criminal investigations acumen would be advantageous
- Knowledge of vulnerability and risk assessment
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use initiative
Who we are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others’ actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department, failure to do so would render your application invalid
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
- Submit applications on or before the CLOSING DATE: 7 AUGUST 2020