Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Technician : Electrical (Pulp Prep) ( HRL 15 )
Sappi Saiccor requires an Electrical Technician to provide high level technical support to the plant with regards to plant optimization, plant automation, electrical reticulation and fault diagnosis in order to maximize the availability of the plant
This role reports to the Area Engineer
The main responsibilities of this job are :
- Maintain all PLC,SCADA Installations, Profibus Networks and perform system backups.
- Implement and commission electrical and PLC system related projects and plant modications
- Ensure all modifications/projects conform to Mill and safety standards and procedures
- Optimise plant performance and control characteristics to maintain high plant availability.
- Review equipment in line with technological advancement within the industry and explore quality products at reduced costs in the event of replacement.
- Complete fault-finding of malfunctions of electrical field devices and system components with the aid of electrical drawings and test equipment.
- Install, maintain, repair, overhaul and program a wide variety of Industrial Electrical Equipment
- Complete specialized testing on electrical and electronic equipment
- Specialist knowledge of PLC’s, VFD’s, HV and LV reticulation and Protection Equipment, Power Generator and Auxiliary Equipment.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Relevant NQF level 6 qualification (National Diploma Electrical Engineering or related field)
- 2 years relevant experience within a heavy industry environment
- Supervisory experience will be considered advantageous
Closing Date : 20 May 2020
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.