Location: Nigel, GT, South Africa
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
The purpose of the role is to assemble stainless steel components, sub-assemblies and major assemblies as per specified work procedure, work instruction and Engineering drawings to meet the defined production schedules and quality levels.
Reports to the relevant Team leader.
Key Network & Links
- Quality team
- EHS team
- SCM team
Measured by how you conduct yourself through Safety, Attendance, Attitude, Quality produced, Ability to learn, Efficiency and Team work.
- Minimum grade 12 with Mathematics & Science
- Competency welding certification (SAWI)
- N1-N2 technical certification
- Minimum 1.5 years’ experience in arc and spot-welding trade
- To conduct quality self-inspection of own work before shipping to next station
- Support the team leader
- Maintain 5S condition of the working zone
- Maintain safety standards in the department
- Drive cost improvement initiatives through continuous improvement
- Maintain equipment standards (through TPM schedules)
- Identify and report any secondary damages
- Follow task sequencing and Work Instruction Build welded assemblies for new products and changes to existing products per engineering
- Documents and established production standards.
- Operating other necessary equipment and performing tasks necessary to complete parts to specific.
- Preparing and setup of necessary tools and equipment for welding jobs.
- Arranging of parts for welding and staging processes.
- Propose potential quality or productivity enhancements i.e. continual improvements.
- Review of finished assemblies & parts to ensure accuracy against drawings & WIS
- Report fabrication issues and assist in resolutions as required.
- Ability to read and write and follow procedures.
- Must be safety conscious
- Must be quality conscious
- Able to work with minimal supervision and be able to follow instructions.
- Able to relate well with people
- Must be able to manage time well, by prioritising and sequencing tasks.
- Must be willing to be trained in more than one discipline of the rolling stock process.
- Must be able to perform the same task repeatedly & consistently
- Must be able to consistently stand for entire shift
At Alstom Transport, we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at: www.alstom.com
APPLY/SUBMIT CV HERE