||Fitter and Turner
||Bulk Water Services – Operations
|Job Type Classification
|Location – Country
|Location – Province
|Location – Town / City
|Location – Site
|Job Advert Summary
||To service, maintain, overhaul and repair mechanical plant and equipment. To perform scheduled inspections, all in a safe manner, in order to ensure plant availability and compliance to legislation.
||• N3 Certificate
• Trade Certificate in Fitting and Turning
• 3 Years’ experience in Maintenance of Centrifugal Pumps
• Knowledge of Laser Alignment of motors, bearing, coupling etc
• Vast experience in Machine Turning experience will be an added advantage
• A valid code 8 driver’s licence and the ability to pass Rand Water’s K53 Test
||• Planning of daily tasks
• Follow safe work procedures
• Perform daily maintenance on electrical and auxiliary plant
• Perform scheduled preventative maintenance checks on electrical and auxiliary plant
• Perform scheduled overhauls on pumps, motors etc.
• Do safety equipment inspections
• Equipment failure identification
• Standby duties
• Work overtime
• General machining, grinding, milling, etc.
• Flame cutting and welding
• Completion of job cards, time sheets and safety reports
• Rigging of equipment.
||• Knowledge of the trade
• Knowledge of OHS Act
• Basic safety.
• Laser Alignment of motors, bearings, couplings, etc.
• Ability to interpret technical drawings
||• Analytical Skills
• Good Communication Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Ability to solve problems
||• Self-discipline, punctual and customer focused.
• Team Player and quality orientates.
• Performance driven